Hello Practice Members! I thought it was best to send out some information about temporary changes being made at Discover Family Chiropractic during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
We will continue to adjust Practice Members, do Nutrition Response Testing and promote whole food supplements and herbs to help keep the immune system strong, improve your ability to adapt to these stressful times, help decrease pain, and increase function.
The CDC says that 80% of cases are mild cold like symptoms. However, we are trying to protect the most vulnerable including seniors, those whose immune systems are suppressed, and those who are already dealing with cardiovascular or respiratory issues. Therefore, to help decrease the spread of the virus we are implementing some changes. Out of an abundance of caution we will be continuing healthy sanitation practices and adding these additional safety measures to help protect people as much as possible from COVID-19:
- Chiropractic tables will be disinfected between patients
- We will not be handing out travel cards or clipboards. If you are a new patient and need to write on a clipboard, we will be disinfecting it before handing it to you.
- If we cannot maintain a 6 foot separation between patients, we will have you wait in your car for your appointment time. At that time we will call or wave you in.
- Doorknobs, counters, water dispenser, and bathrooms will be disinfected as much as possible.
- Please try to limit the use of the bathroom in order to avoid as much contact with surfaces as possible.
- We will be removing our kid toys and stuffed animals from the reception area for now.
- Because our busiest adjusting hours are after work and school from 3-6pm we are asking that if you are able to come at a different time during the day please call us and let us know. We are trying to limit the number of people in our office at one time.
- We are asking that if any of you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who is diagnosed, or have any of the symptoms below, please do not come into our office and instead call to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Shortness of breath
- Sarah and I will do our best to limit our own exposure outside the office and stay as healthy as possible.
What you can do to help improve yours and your family’s immune system:
- Get adjusted!
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Add lemon or limes to your water to get extra vitamin C!
- Stay away from sugar, because it can decrease your immune system!
- Stay moving and exercise as this will increase lymphatic flow and help your immune system. In your own house you could do jumping jacks, walk the stairs, do push-ups, squats, etc.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- If you are currently taking supplements/herbs, please continue to do so. If you are interested in taking supplements to help improve your immune system, please let me know.
- Make sure you are taking a high-quality Vitamin D since this is known to help increase the immune system.
- Try not to let fear take over, this too shall pass.
If you have any suggestions or concerns, please contact us 952-431-5655. Thank you for your understanding.
Yours in health,
Dr. Katie Cowles